Saturday, April 30, 2005

Today went for an outing to celebrate a couple of birthdays.

If you don't understand what I mean, it's perfectly alright. This is cos in the first place, haha, I don't know any other people who celebrate their b'days 2 to 3 months after the actual date. ^_^Keke.

Well, that's what me, Cel, Ar Gal and YS were doing today when we decided to meet in Orchard MRT to have a little celebration. We hadnt been able to find a time when we were all free to meet, so we couldnt meet up earlier. Our original destination was Indochine, but cos it was a little too high-end for us, we decided on Cineleisure instead.

When we got there, however, it was another agonising decision to find a place to eat. We walked around the place, past a sushi and then a ramen restaurant. We finally got to the basement level, where we were faced with the prospects of either the Food Court, a funny little Jap restaurant or Cafe Cartel.

After another round of debating, we settled for Cafe Cartel. All of us ordered what to eat, then sat and chatted. We also engaged in a ridiculous round of "promotional advertising". It was really dumb but funny, and was Ar Gal's idea. As her photo was being taken, she insisted on featuring the food she was eating.

Hence, there was a whole series of us in various poses eating and introducing the dishes in Cafe Cartel. We also exchanged gifts. Near the end, we took a group picture, and guess what, Cafe Cartel's neon sign was the freaking background!

I think we should get paid for this. Not everyday you get four "mei nu" to pose for free hor, helping you sell the food.:P

After that, we set off for a little walk around Orchard Road. It was so bloody hot, so I was glad when we dashed into Heeren and then Wisma Atria to Cel's beloved Topshop. I don't mind Topshop, cos the T-shirt designs are nice. However, it's a little on the expensive side and they change their designs often. So what you might find weeks ago might be different from now.

Anyway, I also managed to see Natasha Bedingfield's "Unwritten" music video in Topshop . Lol. So nice!

Later on, we walked along Orchard Road, then ducked into Indochine. The bar wasn't open, so we were stuck outside in the cafe. Thankfully, they still had the drinks we came for. We decided on "Safe Sex On the Beach" as well as "Lycheetini". The first one was this orange, frothy concoction, with a small slice of pineapple and a cheery on the glass for decoration. It tasted like cocktail. The second one was lychee-flavoured Martini, with a real lychee floating at the bottom of a cocktail glass. It was colourless, but strong. After drinking a few gulps, I could feel my gullet start to burn, all the way down to my stomach.

After that, Cel went red. Her cheeks and forehead became rosy pink. Heehee. So funny.

After the drinks, during which there was another round of "promotional advertising" for Indochine and Calsberg(they had coasters with its logo), we headed for home.

I miss the drinks, we should go to Indochine again.

I can't go on drinking Milo forever.

No comments: