Had a birthday celebration with the secondary school ganag again! Boy it was fun to see them all. Haha.
Was right on time, arriving at the Dhoby Gaut MRT station. I found it odd to see that no one was there, though ah gal smsed me and said that she was arriving. In the end, I found out that I was waiting at the wrong end of the huge underground interchange and had to rush to the PS entrance, shite!
YS was late, and so we all wanted to make her pay for dinner. In the end, she ended up getting what she wanted for dinner instead. Pizza! Haha...
As we talked and walked into the Pizza Hut outlet, I felt a jolt of deja-vu. Suddenly, I remembered why. This was the exact same place where we had a reunion in the past. It was a pity that we didn't get the seat near the entrance of the underground passageway. That would have made everything perfect.
Well we all sat down and chatted and chomped on pizza. Out topics ranged from giving tuition to playing computer games. Though it was just a simple dinner, I felt that it was meaningful enough. There's nothing better than sitting down with people that you are familiar with. The atmosphere is so much more relaxed and you can really let your hair down.
We talked about a range of topics, from stuff about tuition, to games and so on and so forth. We talked for a while, then left for a short walk around PS before going home.
Oh yeah, thanks for the gifts guys!! Love the hat and the Borders voucher. :D
Thinking over the subjects that we discussed during that dinner session, I feel that the story which touched me the most was about the guy with a brain tumour. He was her schoolmate in TPJC. Ah gal was telling us his story, and I think Rezal knew him too. I remember him telling me about how he once went to visit a classmate with a brain tumour.
It was sad to learn how a person who valued life so much, who needed to live so badly had it snatched from him at such a young age. On top of that, he probably had not been able to leave in peace, knowing that his dad would be all alone. It was awful to learn how his father, a doctor, was the only one left of the family. His mother and grandmother had their lives taken by cancer as well.=(
Apparently, his condition had worsened gradually during the course of his illness. As the cancer spread, his sense of sight and hearing weakened drastically. He could only make out vague shapes and hear very loud sounds. Imagine being born into a world of colour and sound, and then slowly losing the ability to be part of that world. He must have been very brave to fight on till the end.
Ah Gal said that before he died, he had paid a visit to his Church. He was a devout Christian. She felt that the trip may have cost him his life, as he had already been feeling unwell when he had insisted on going.
Call me idealistic, but I rather think that he went willingly because he knew that his time was up. Perhaps despite the risk involved, he felt that he had to go to Church so that he would be able to leave without remorse. Maybe the trip did have a heavy price, or perhaps it didn't as he knew he would be leaving soon anyway.
Whatever the case, we'll never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment