Met Pat pretty early today, around 11am for a movie. 3 weeks of mugging and we were more than ready to chill out and relax. In his own words, "It's all over. Sigh..."
So anywayz, as usual, I arrived earlier and he came late. Was browsing around the Guardian Pharmacy at the MRT station when I got a call. I let it ring, then walked up to him and did the usual.
*poke*
"Gah!"
"Haha... Blur lar. Come on, let's go."
We went for lunch, then rushed over to the cinema. There weren't many people in the cinema.
Anywayz, this isn't exactly a blockbuster movie but it is damn funny, nonetheless. Its more along the lines of a dark comedy, and has a fantastic blend of witty and dry Brit humour.

As you can see, that lady in the centre of the poster (clutching a pretty knife) looks damn familiar. I was watching the movie when it hit me.
Professor McGonagall, Harry Potter.
Now hmmm for my movie review. Its been ages since Ive done one. * cracks knuckles*
Oh wells here goes...
*************************************************************************************
All is not well in the home of Reverend Walter Goodfellow, a pastor in the tiny parish of Little Wallop (Population: 57). Preoccupied with his daily dealings with God and the faithful, he has failed to realize what an absolute mess his family is turning out to be.
For one thing, his wife is having an affair with her golfing instructor.
For another thing, his daughter is having affairs with a whole string of boyfriends, all of them scruffy, undesirable types with body piercings and black mascara. Each one is, of course, even worse than the one before. In fact the first time she appears in the movie is when she makes out with (one of her many) bfs in a van in their backyard.
Even his younger son is having troubles of his own. He lives in constant fear of going to school because of the teasing and bullying that he encounters there.
However, divine intervention finally arrives in the form of a kindly housekeeper by the name of Grace Hawkins.
Charming, gracious and polite, she is everyone's dream nanny or grandmother. Looking harmless in her knitted tops and elegant gloves, she exudes a warmth that makes everyone in the family fall in love with her. Never complaining, cooking and cleaning with the utmost care, she strives to make the little family happy and "perfect". She dispenses advice, always with a smile.
However, underlying that sweet exterior is something much more sinister. What secrets does her large, green travelling trunk contain? As the plot thickens, why is it that people who seem to make the lives of the family difficult begin to disappear?
And more importantly, what do the events of the present have to do with what happened 47 years ago, when a woman was arrested after blood was found seeping out of her travelling trunk.
*************************************************************************************
Watch and find out, if you can, cos its really good. I especially love the ending, hehe... Even though you see people get murdered, in a strange way they all deserve it. Its funny but in this story I ended up rooting for the murderer and whooping with joy everytime she made a successful kill.
Haha... if you guys don't want to watch it, then I'll just let you in on a few interesting facts about the story.
1) There is nudity.
I was really shocked when I realized that the daughter of the family, Holly Goodfellow, was so obviously topless during a split-second scene during the first 10 mins of the movie, as well as in a later scene from a distance. The actress looked really young. Hmm...in a way I respect her. It has to take a lot of guts to take off your shirt and prance about all-naturale in front of a whole movie crew.
No wonder the movie is rated M18.
2) Interesting implements of murder.
The choice of murder weapons in this story are alarmingly mundane. They include a shovel, a steam iron and, yes my friends, a frying pan! *clunk*
3) Dispose your bodies the easy way.
Pereferably a large body of water a short distance from your home. Why of course, the garden pond!! Now why didn't I think of that?
Well, after the movie, we went to do a spot of shopping. Mainly for him, not me.
-_-" . The guy has been wearing only 2-3 shirts to school for the last 4 months. Sigh... It's a long story.
After that we went for dinner and then I went hoooommmeeee...
Hmm... Social Science OG Outing soon. Me and Pat are probably going. Meep.
No comments:
Post a Comment