Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy birthday Yong Suan!

Eh... I mean *cough* ehem belated birthday.

Me, Cel, YS and Wei Wei met to celebrate our dear Aminah's birthday. Before that, however, I met up with Cel to do a little birthday supply shopping. The woman wants her party to be a blast next Saturday, and needs the necessary apparatus to achieve this. =)

So I met her at the Concourse, a shopping centre cum building complex along Beach Road. From the Nicoll Highway side, it looks like an oddly shaped white building resembling a stack of cards. Inside, the shops are a little old. When I went in, business was a little slow, especially for a weekend.

Met Cel inside, she took her daddy's car while I walked from Lavendar MRT station (grumble). Anyway, we set off to the top level to where all the party shops were located.

When we got upstairs, our eyes feasted upon a veritable fairyland of party supplies. The shops resembled sundry stores, their wares haphazardly stashed and displayed. We squeezed inside the first one on the left and treaded carefully between the piles of party wares. After leaving one shop, we hopped to the next to compare wares and prices.

In the end, we bough a box of party poppers and a balloon for YS. We then proceeded downstairs to a Starbucks, where I was made to buy an eclair and eat it to justify us sitting there. > . <

Soon, it was 4.30pm and we left to meet the girls at Orchard. We talked about surprising YS and so I hid behind a pillar. Cel would give me the cue (tapping on the pillar while she distracted YS) and I would pop out with said balloon and present.

In the end, I got a little overenthusiastic and popped out too fast. Oh well, at least she liked our gifts. XD

Met Wei Wei at Heeren, and then proceeded to NYDC for our dinner. We shared 2 plates of pasta, chicken-in-a-blanket (like crispy chicken popiah), ice cream and a wonderful cheese cake, courtesy of Wei Wei.

After that, a stupid thing happened. Haha. Oh well. XP

Luckily it didn't ruin the outing too much and at last I went home tai tai style, via taxi.

No comments: