Friday, January 26, 2007

Oh isn't this new blogger a pretty thing!

Colours... wow. Actually there probably were colours in the past but at least now it's bloody easier to use! =)

Anyway I'm posting stuff to revitalize my blog. Haha. It has been stagnant for a while now.

Been involving my mind, soul and body in school for the past few days. Mugging, attending lessons, doing research, starting projects. It's just the same old routine. Except, maybe, that the workload has inceased perceptibly (clusters of PDF files to read through omg), which will prbabably make any sane person run screaming out the door.

And I'm still not speaking up much in class. Usually 20% of my grade requires active class participation, but I just can't bring myself to stand up and say something in class. Usually it's because of 4 reasons:

1) I can't be bothered.

2) I am sleeping with my eyes open.

3) The smart ass in the back row already answered my question (that happens often).

4) Too many smart asses are "contributing" so much so that no one else has the chance to speak. Thankfully, in Social Science, it doesn't happen so often. But wait till you end up in a Business or Econs class. *shudder*

So I have no idea why they want us to ask questions or discuss something, and make it gradeable. More often than not, kiasu students will just ask stupid things for the sake of asking. This leads the lesson off-track, frustrates the prof, and descends the class into utter chaos.

Oh well. *shrugs and rolls eyes*

In a completely unrelated incident, I chanced upon this song on youtube. I think it rocks!

It's by a Korean rock group called The Trax. They aren't that well-known yet as they are just one of many who have been trying to penetrate the global, and especially Japanese, markets(according to Wikipedia). The song is entitled "Over the Rainbow".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GuUDMUwhM

I'd thought it was JRock when I first heard it. Haha. However, the main point of the song is the lyrics. They are beautiful! The video is a fan-made vid for the PS2 game Kingdom Hearts.

Enjoy!

No comments: