Decided to go to Ikea Tampines. The place is just as I expected it, huge and packed full of people. Bought 2 floormats, a paper Japanese lampshade for the bedroom and, oddly enough, a weighing machine. Lol.
But what we went there for was, mainly, the food. We decided to eat before buying our stuff since we were hungry.
The café we went to was full of people, despite the fact that it was just before six. The majority of them were families, though there were the odd couples as well. It was a pleasant environment to eat in, since the deco was chic and so obviously incorporared Ikea furniture. What type of café has pine tables and chairs? Lol.
Now on to the food...
Me and my mum ordered the same thing, the salmon dish.
Either baked or steamed salmon, draped in a cheese sauce sprinkled with green onions, with boiled potatoes and steamed brocoli on the side. Mmm... the portion isn't much but it tastes great because it's a simple dish.
And as for dad, being an avid chicken-lover and fish-hater.
Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. Apparently it was much cheaper today as it was the day's special. They have a different one every day of the week.
Of course with all meals, there was soup...
Cream of brocoli... Yes brocoli again! I sense a cost-saving conspiracy here...
... and bread with butter.
Self-explanatory. I really need to think of more interesting ways to write captions apart from stating the obvious. :p
You're actually just entitled to one teeny loaf of bread and one packet of butter for every bowl of soup. My dad actually didn't know this and so he told me to get it. I went off, tried to take more of each, and got caught by this really bitchy Ikea auntie who snobbishly told us the restriction. I had to go back but haiz at least I tried.
But that incident aside, at least there was cake! =D
This cake is to die for. On the rich side so my mum found it too sweet. It's chocolate and caramel, with a top layer of some crunchy stuff, something like in toblerone chocolate.We also bought drinks. You essentially pay by the type of drink. Water is in a glass and it's free flow. Hot drinks are in china cups, while paper cups indicate cold drinks. You fill the ice and drinks yourself, and like most kiasu Singaporeans, I illegally re-filled the paper cup 2 extra times. XD It's funny cos the Ikea staff don't seem to care much about this. Hmm... maybe it's because too many people do it or drinks aren't as obvious as loaves of bread.
After that satisfying meal, we went shopping. Wandered around the place for quite a bit before heading home.
Back to my mugging. Bah! Econs... Econs... > o <
PS: I regret moving my blog to the new blogger. Gah... the spacing gets all messed up whenever I post pictures, and clicking and dragging them about is such a chore! Not to mention sometimes the paragraphs don't turn out correctly and I have to re-post again and again. Grrr...
No comments:
Post a Comment