Thursday, July 05, 2007



This is way long overdue... Hehe. I had planned to write this long ago.

I actually went to watch it last Sat with Pat, who is like the biggest Transformers fan in the universe. He knows everything about the series, from the characters, to its history, and even little odd tidbits that I never knew or cared about in the past.


Yeah I used to watch it as a kid, and I did like it, but the memories for me are hazy except for a few key episodes.


Anyway the movie was way rockin' cool!!!


I know I sound like a total geek but we're talking about huge robots, big weapons and lotsa loud booms! I know I sound like I'm high on testosterone but hey, it was just plain fun!

Transformers chronicles the saga of how two factions of shape-shifting robots, the Autobots and Decepticons, come to Earth looking for the Allspark. The thing in question had fallen to Earth eons ago, and is an object of great importance and power. Whoever holds the Allspark controls the fate of Cybertron, their homeworld, and most possibly, the universe.

Then comes along a young man by the name of Sam Witwicky, who comes into the picture as he holds the map to the Allspark, as well as a car that transforms into a robot by the name of Bumblebee. Along with him is his ditzy grease-monkey schoolmate, Mikela, whom he has a crush on. Ah young love... it holds true even in the face of rampaging murderous robots...


The movie was a little cliche, but it was slick enough and the special effects were awesome! I especially loved the opening sequence of the attack on the Qatar base by Blackout. Blackout was so cool, I wonder why I remember Shockwave (another Decepticon) from the series rather than him. Hmm...


Anywayz, I strongly recommend you go watch this movie if you're a fan. Don't listen to the reviewers from Straits Times, they just don't understand...

And to end my little commentary for Transformers, I'll include a few videos of openings from the original Transformers series (excluding the Japanese ones cos I think they're not as genuine), as well as the later Beast Wars and Beast Machines.


Retro Transformers (circa 1980s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs07cfMuJNE&mode=related&search


Beast Wars (circa 1990s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYwAPxs4vJY&mode=related&search=


Beast Machines (circa late 1990s to 2000): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU_4t8nIzi4

No comments: