I honestly think attending meetings in general (CCA, projects, others) are not stressful.
Trust me, it's organizing them, or having unconfirmed ones, that are even worse. At least that's what I've come to conclude through personal experience, as well as those of others.
If you have confirmed meetings, life is that much easier. You don't have to worry about last-minute changes to your schedule. Life can be planned around these meetings, allowing you to just sit back and go with the flow.
Of course there are instances when last-minute meetings can't be avoided. It's understandable. However, I'm talking about other times when they can.
I've had head-banging-against-the-wall moments many a time. These spring from people who are just plain inconsiderate. Usually, the problem lies with either the organizer or the respondees.
The former sets a timing which only he or she can attend, without input from the rest.
As for the latter, he or she fails to respond properly, so the organizer can't confirm the meeting. Sometimes, the respondees can't be blamed either. They might be away from the computer; or waiting for other groups to confirm their meetings before giving priority to this one. It's a vicious cycle.
However, they all lead to a single result.
One big mess.
It's okay if it's just one meeting, but what if you have say, more than 2 projects going on concurrently. The result is a veritable clashing of schedules. Frustration follows, and the effect ripples out to those that you've made appointments with.
Eh, sorry lah. I got meeting. Damn last minute. Cannot make it at 7pm. I just join you guys later ok?
The above being a typical example of a hasty sms sent to a friend. The person involved had troublesome groupmates, naturally.
I rest my case.
No comments:
Post a Comment