Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ahh... my house is in a mess.

My mum observed that the wall paint was getting dull (the beige is brown and yellow in some places) and had decided to, well, re-paint the whole house. The paint is dry, but there's still the furniture and belongings that have to be put back in place. The whole thing started from 8am to 5pm yesterday, and lasted from 8am to around 5pm again today.

I never realized how much work is involved. Its a lot of packing and covering and packing some more. Then, when the painters come (one guys does wall patching the other just paints), there's a need to supervise them as they lug your stuff out of the way. This info was gleaned from my mum, as I was out at work when most of it happened. However, I did help pack a large majority of the stuff on Monday.

But the results are worth it.

Cos MY HOUSE IS PINK!

And the first thing my dad said when they were finished shall forever go down in history.

"Wah... Like Hello Kitty."

XD

Yes guys, this is what happens when you let your womenfolk choose the colours. I mean, the voting was fair. It was majority 2 (me and mum) to 1 (my long-suffering dad who loves blue instead).

So I have christened our spanking new home THE HELLO KITTY FANTASY DREAMLAND HOUSE! Muahahaha...

Or Hello Kitty House for short. But, you get the picture.

And so I hope to spend many more happy days in my home, with walls the colour of cotton candy and sunset clouds.

No comments: