


Yup you guessed it, none other than the cat with no mouth, Hello Kitty.



I must admit, when I was younger, I did have a Hello Kitty fetish. The evidence was the loads of Hello Kitty stuff that I owned, and some that I still do, which include:
1) plate
2) pouch
3) coin pouch
4) cup
5) towel
6) tootbrush
7) water bottle
8) wallet
Then as I grew up, I gradually grew out of it. I still like that famous cat though. It was to me a reminder of my childhood, with a wholesome image of sweetness, girliness and all-around kawaii.
And then I discovered that what started out as a marketing icon for kids soon morphed into an all-out obsession that threatened to engulf adults as well (one of the pics shows a Japanese Bondage Love Hotel, need I say more?). Thus I present to you the real side of Hello Kitty, the mascot of a conglomerate called Sanrio in their mission of world, and product, domination.
Welcome to Hello Kitty Hell.
You have been warned. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment