Friday, June 06, 2008

I am placed in an awkward seating arrangement.

The pantry is located to my immediate right. The photocopy room is diagonally behind me on my left. The exit door is also diagonally behind me on my right. As such, its like the PIE behind me with people coming and going. Then there are the distracting sounds of doors slamming, the photocopier printing and water running. I have zero privacy, and can constantly feel eyes boring into my back.

Even as I blog, I have to do it discreetly by shrinking the window to a tiny little rectangle in case someone notices my skivving.

Not that it doesn't come with its perks. I sometimes hear bitchy gossiping coming from the printer room, general chatter from the pantry, and know exactly when everyone enters or leaves the office.

From an informational standpoint, its quite conducive, but I sure wish I had a nice private corner. Somewhere where I can take off my shoes, take a nap and scratch my armpits in peace.

No comments: