Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today there was some sort of important meeting with some corporate bigwigs coming down to the office. It's amazing the luxuries they can afford. They had platters of sushi (yes!) and sandwiches throughout.

After the meeting, there were some left-overs. My colleague, probably taking pity on a poor starving intern, asked me to help myself.

Ok I admit I was a little too expectant. I was pretty disappointed when I opened the fridge and saw how much what they defined as left-overs really were.

There was one sad-looking rice roll sushi (you know the type with the fillings in the middle), a hunk of sticky rice (someone had kindly eaten the seafood topping for me, how thoughtful) and finally, the only decent thing, a proper but somewhat stale piece of sushi with rice and topping (a slice of red-coloured fish meat) intact.

Now if there's one thing I can't resist, it's sushi, no matter how pathetic it looks. So I poked my head out the pantry entrance, checked to see that no one was looking, then grabbed the fish sushi (it was slightly hard from being chilled). Still looking around, I unglamorously wolfed it down in two bites.

My stomach felt a little funny after that, but thankfully there's no diarrhea...

I swear, if I ever become rich, I'll install a sakae sushi conveyor belt in my home and fly in a Japanese chef to make sushi for me everyday. Wahahahaha...

Money may be the root of evil, but it's useful to have... and great to possess in abundance.

No comments: