Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It constantly amazes me how people can pay attention to a subject that is, ultimately, boring.

Perhaps they have a high tolerance level, but for me if it's boring, my brain decides to shut down or engage in some other activity.

I am currently in a law class that is rather yawn-inducing (not the fault of the lecturer but due to the nature of the subject). As the saying goes, the flesh is willing, but the spirit is weak. I try to pay attention but after a while, I drift off.

And at the end of the day, I go away with a muddled understanding of what went on during the past 3 hours.

Yet, I have classmates who remain engaged, and to the extent are able to fire questions at the lecturer. Here I am trying to keep track of Point A, and there they are pre-empting questions for Point Z.

I have thus come to the conclusion that the issue lies with me. My brain is unable to process the complex material, and hence rejects it outright due to its limited capability. That is, of course, assuming that I have a brain at all...

In other words, I am stupid.

At present, I am unable to do anything regarding my stupidity. After all, you can't expect an amoeba to use a computer. Indeed, the best it could do would be to writhe about on the keyboard, just as I am writhing in class now.

*writhe writhe*

So I shall happily continue on in my under-evolved unicellular existence, indiscriminately picking up specks of information as they float by. I may not be able to digest some of the material, but you never know until you try.


Hopefully, one day, I will evolve to something better.

*writhe writhe*

No comments: