Saturday, May 02, 2009

I suppose I should be going on Facebook more often.

Trouble is... I live somewhat in the Stone Age and am too lazy to update photos, poke people or stalk them for the latest updates on Facebook. Hence, I'm also usually the last to know who's going out with who, who's hanging out with who, and so on and so forth.

Oh well...

Now that I've come to the topic of Facebook, I've also come to realize that I don't go on MSN either. Thus, I'm as good as cut off from civilization, living in a nice little coccoon or world of my own.

It's strange to think of why it's become like this. In the past, I used to go online, but people were always busy or didn't reply. Hence, I stopped going altogether, dismissing it as a waste of time. I also found it a bit weird to talk to someone without seeing them face-to-face. I guess I'm just old-fashioned that way.

Alternatively, it could be due to the fact that I'm not an extrovert. Growing older hasn't made the social anxiety disappear, and it's something that I've come to accept as a part of me. I can be reserved at times, and generally what I don't say in person I often express in writing. As a result, I've taken to blogging like a fish to water, jotting down the daily frustrations, periods of amusement, moments of despair and humourous events that I encounter on the bumpy road of life.

So as I sit here, awaiting replies for job interviews (in this poor economy no one's hiring it seems), I feel I should take the opportunity for a little introspection and self-improvement. I doubt I can change myself completely over such a short period of time, but I think I should give it a try.

But I'll still blog too, that's for sure. ;)

No comments: