Yesterday, I found a little surprise Pat had sent to me in my inbox.
It was an email, along with a youtube video. The name of the song is "When I Get Home My Wife Always Pretends to be Dead"
Ehem. Allow me to explain.
Apparently, one fine day on Yahoo! Answers Japan, a netizen posted a question. Everytime he came home from work, he would see his wife pretending to be dead on the floor. She would go to the extent of using props such as fake blood and yes, a kitchen knife sticking out of her back.
Everyday he came home, his wife would be "dead" in a different way. Sometimes with an arrow through her head and even once with a hand-made alligator swallowing her legs.
At first, I couldn't believe it. It was way too... bizarre. However, a little search on the net showed it to be true.
So his wife has a great imagination, and an ever better sense of humour. After this question was posted, a song was written which was inspired by this odd situation. Some people converted it into youtube videos and voila, here is one of them on my blog.
The English translation of the lyrics are as follows:
When I open the door, there's my wife collapsed
With a kitchen knife sticking out of her back
The carpet's all bloodstained
If I a stranger saw this they might faint
I calm myself down
"Looks like the cleanup will be tough today," I laugh
And still facedown but looking satisfied,
My wife laughs heh-heh-heh
When I get home my wife always pretends to be dead
What kind of death she'll have tomorrow
I can't even begin to imagine
One day she had an arrow through her head
Another time, dressed as a soldier with a gun
The time I saw her in a dead sunfish costume
I thought I'd close the door on her
Cleaning up afterwards is quite a pain
Having to wash the bloodstains from the carpet and all
So I wish she'd spare me the sight of her
Cooking dinner with that arrow in her head
When I get home my wife always pretends to be dead
If I compliment her a bit she gets all caught up in it
So I do my best to ignore it
Before we married, though I was busy
Just being able to see her made me happy
We'd drive around aimlessly all night
And go see the ocean, and yet
RIght after we married I got promoted
And work suddenly became so much fun
I didn't even think about how my wife felt
Waiting all alone at home
My wife pretending to be dead whenever I come home
Is it because she wants to return to how we used to be?
I just don't know
If coming home to see my wife's performance for me
Is the shape our love will take
I guess that works in its own way
When I get home my wife always pretends to be dead
I wonder what kind of death she'll have today
I just can't wait as I open the door!
2 comments:
cute. but the wife shld go and work.
or they should have kids...
Post a Comment