Friday, October 31, 2003

I believe in miracles and dreams that will come true,
And I believe in happiness and friendship, through and through.
I believe that when you cry your tears are not in vain,
And when you're sad and lonely, someone knows your pain...

-Anonymous, I Believe

This poem excerpt is dedicated to some people out there who are feeling a little lonely and blue. Cheer up! Life is short. Enjoy it! Harrr...:)

Yaay! Celtic Dreams is looking great! Many thanx to Cel for making the horrible green background black for me. Ur the best!

Today was a slightly different sch day for tjcians. For one, the famous girl trio, now reduced to duo, of SHE came to tjc to perform! The queues were long, the audi was packed, n the fans were screaming! I actually saw Eric sneak into tj wearing a tj u instead of the vj u. Omg! Eric cheering for SHE?! Interesting...

So anywayz, I didnt attend the concert. Too pooped. I walked home in the rain wif Amanda and PS. Y did we walk in the rain? Im not exactly sure myself. Mebbe cos all 3 of us cldnt fit under my umbrella n we decided to suffer together. Mad rite? I know. PS actually ran off in the rain to the bakery to buy her peanut butter waffle. Then she ran back under the rain, protecting her precious waffle. Haiyoz... Totally soaked cos of 1 pathetic waffle. She claims she loves food...Haa... *rolls eyes*

O yeah, Im kinda pissed off abt the way fantasy is treated as not serious literature. Tts cos when we brought up some of these titles to our GP teacher as suggestions for our book review yesterday, she looked hesitant. As a fan of Anne MacCaffrey n all authors of these genres in general , I resent tt. A good writer is a good writer, even if his or her books dun touch reality. In truth, some of them are a mirror of society itself. From society's view of certain people as strange or weird cos they are misunderstood, not unlike witch hunts, and oppression under a fanatical leader, not unlike the tyranny of a malevolent king, they are in fact influenced greatly by world events. So I suggest people keep an opem mind, and not dismiss all fantasy books as merely tales about spell-casting and puffs of smoke.

Ah well, I know my blog is kinda disjointed today, but then I just had to get my feelings out. Gotta go sleep now. Nitez y'all.

P.S. Happy Birthday to Chin Siang! He's a big boy now...

No comments: