Friday, February 29, 2008

Got together with Cel, Fui and Clarice today for a short gathering.

Met them at Ramen Ten over at Century Square.

We sat together and chatted a little, idly looking through the menu. After we ordered the food and it came, we began to dig in.

It was then that A GREAT REVELATION WAS REVEALED!!!

DUN DUN DUN DUN!!!
*dramatic music*

Fui couldn't stop giggling, her face turning the colour of tom yam.

Clarice laughed.

Celina paused for a minute, her expression turning into one of utter joy, and began to clap jubilantly.

I paused for a good 5 seconds, remembered to close my open mouth, then joined the happy Celina in clapping.

Anyway, all I want to say is CONGRATULATIONS!!! I won't say much because I promised not to, and also because I am concerned about my personal safety in case the person reads this.

We were relentless in the questioning, in finding out more. With the finesse of FBI interrogators, we went in for the kill...

How?

Why?

Really? Then?

Ooohhhh...

Awww...

These were but some of the phrases that were flung around the table.

Anyway, after that little revelation, and dinner, we headed over to Coffee Bean to celebrate and dig out more info. The discussion turned to the topic of relationships, as we compared notes on what constitued love, life and everything in between. This was done over coffee and cake, and with the food and relaxed atmosphere, many stories were shared.

So much so that time flew by, and before we knew it, it was time to part again. We left at about 10 plus and headed home.

I guess at this point of our lives, there are plenty of changes. We mature into adults, take on additional responsiblities, consider careers, and for some of us, enter relationships and dare I say, marriage. It can be a litle overwhelming at times. After all, it's the right decisions that we make now which determine our future.

The road is never easy, isn't it.

PS: Happy Leap Year Day!

No comments: